Thursday, April 5, 2012
Heartwarming Beef Pot Roast
2-3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
1/2 tsp. dried parsley
Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
1/2 tsp minced onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 sliced onions
13/4 cups beef broth
1 c tomato juice
11/2 lbs potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 lb carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. In a small bowl, combine dried parsley, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Pat roast beef dry with paper towels and rub all over with seasoning mixture.
4. In a large Dutch oven or oven-proof heavy sauce pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
5. Add the roast and brown on all sides. Remove to a plate and set aside.
6. In the same pot, add onions and 1/4 cup water and cook about 8 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring occasionally.
7. Stir in broth and juice and bring to a boil. Add roast back to pot, cover and transfer to oven. Roast for 2 hours.
8. Stir in potatoes and carrots, cover and continue roasting for 45 minutes or until vegetables and meat are tender.
9. Transfer roast and vegetables to a large serving platter and drizzle with pan juices.